WELCOME TO HI VIS TRAFFIC
Founded in 2018, Hi Vis Traffic is a 51% Indigenous owned and operated Traffic Management Company, with a minimum of 90% Indigenous workforce at all times.
Hi Vis Traffic is a specialist in the WA and NSW traffic management sectors, delivering services within the scope of our own experience and capacity.
While we strive for a 100% Indigenous workforce, we acknowledge that some management and supervisory roles are required to be filled with experienced people who have the capability to transfer their skills and knowledge onto our Indigenous workforce, who aspire to become managers and supervisors.
Our team are committed to providing a top-quality traffic management service with a social conscience. We want to make a difference to Indigenous unemployment outcomes, and to ensure the safety of our employees and the public.
Hi Vis Traffic was established when the Aboriginal owner of Hi Vis Traffic, Joanne Pellew, recognised a labour market gap: Indigenous employment targets were increasing across the infrastructure and construction sectors, but uptake of Indigenous people was either too slow or non-existent.
Joanne Pellew is a serial entrepreneur, and founder of well-established Indigenous labour hire business Ochre People. She identified an opportunity to make use of her networks and experience to end Indigenous disparity. By utilising the Ochre group of businesses, Joanne and her experienced recruitment staff have access to thousands of Indigenous people, who are both experienced and new starters within this industry.
Joanne has partnered with Western Australian senior civil engineer, project manager and business leader Rainer Offermann to deliver Hi Vis Traffic.
“I have met many individuals over the years throughout the construction industry and on first meeting Rainer, he really impressed me. It was quickly established we both had similar goals in relation to Aboriginal employment and how we could really make a difference in the sector if we were to bring both of our values into one company. Obviously, with Rainer’s experience, expertise and resources and my Aboriginal expertise and connections, it’s a perfect partnership to achieve the outcomes we’re both aiming for.” – Joanne Pellew
Hi Vis Traffic services all of Western Australia, providing traffic management services such as:
Major and minor intersection works
Dual-lane reconstructions and lane closures
Traffic light installations
Working with drainage & kerbing crews
Working with road maintenance crews
Working with road-specific contractors such as concreters and asphalters
Working with streetscaping crews
Streetscape upgrades, landscape & pruning works
Emergency call-out work (e.g. flooding)
One-way to two-way lane conversions
Road upgrading and preparation works
Special public events (e.g. Stadium events and large sporting occasions, Skyworks, Christmas Pageant, ANZAC Day parade, Red Bull Airshow, City to Surf, Carols by Candlelight)
Regional road works
WHAT CAN THE HI VIS TRAFFIC TREAM DO FOR YOU?
Assisting your business to meet RAP targets or Indigenous Contract spend
Facilitating Indigenous employment opportunities to end disparity
Reducing environmental impacts by utilising our service delivery
Assets at our disposal:
Hi Vis Traffic has the following equipment to service contracts.
|2||Truck Mounted Attenuator|
|3||VMB Utes with roof mounted arrow boards|
|1||E-Stop Portable Traffic Light|
|Plant and Equipment|
|Trailer mounted flashing arrow boards|
|Water fillable type barriers|
|Crowd control/pedestrian barriers|
|Variable message signs|
|Specialised event signage|
- Construction – Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Defence
- Design & Construct – tanks, pipelines, roads, building, drainage, concrete, earthworks
- Maintenance – Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC
- Asset Management
- EPC/EPCM delivery
- Competency Assurance & Training
- Skilled Labour
IPSA Holdings Australia delivers complex projects through skilled project management and project delivery to the Construction Industry, Resources Sector, Department of Defence and Governmental Departments. We recruit Indigenous businesses and employees into our experienced teams. IPSA closes the gap by mentoring and supporting all people in the delivery of reliable, successful and sustainable results
IPSA has successfully completed
- Federal, State, Local Government Works
- Defence Infrastructure Projects
- Commercial Construction
- Resources Infrastructure Projects
- e-Procurement portal for buyers of Indigenous businesses services and products
- Pre-quaified supplier panels and categories
- Dynamic drill down reporting transparency
The iSupply role will be to administer the lists of invited Indigenous businesses, who will be drawn from various sources Nationally, as well as provide additional capacity building services to the Indigenous businesses to maximise their opportunities to win Government and private sector work.
The specifically built technology behind iSupply is straightforward to use for both Buyers and Suppliers and is a powerful reporting tool. It offers a number of key features and functions that are truly unique which will provide several benefits to the buyer including:
- Both National and State based sub-panels
- A centralised location to find Indigenous businesses who have met the pre-qualification criteria and are ‘ready to do business’
- Function to view and download all certified documents in the Indigenous Business’s profile
- Comfort in knowing all risks have been assessed before the business was listed on the panels before releasing RFQ’
- An end to end reporting system. At anytime the buyer can create reports detailing spend over any period of time, who the spend went to, what panels are getting the most spend, what businesses are getting the most spend, the turnaround time from RFQ to contract award, how many Indigenous people were employed to deliver the contracts and many other reporting types to suit the needs of the buyer.
- Knowing that a process has been followed to ensure the authenticity of the businesses to maximise the return on investment back into the Indigenous community, therefore, eliminating the black-cladding element within the sector
- There is no other system in place to service this fast growing sector which can provide a risk adverse way to do business with the Indigenous businesses of Australia whilst maintaining the alignment to assist the Government in their Closing the Gap, Ending Disparity and Indigenous Procurement Policy initiatives.
Four leading Aboriginal business people recognised the need to provide clients with a trusted, experienced and diverse network of aboriginal businesses for construction projects across Australia and have come together to create the Aboriginal Construction Alliance.
Experienced and diverse network of Aboriginal businesses offering a unique solution for infrastructure projects Australia wide.
The Alliance uses its collective knowledge and expertise to manage the project delivery, risks and compliance in the Construction industry, resource sector and government agencies.
Mentors Indigenous businesses in project management and business skills.